Under general supervision this position reports to the Executive Chef with responsibilities to include purchasing, inventory control, scheduling and managing culinary staff, food safety program, costs of goods accountability, labor management, food production and quality control. Ensures the kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ordering, receiving and preparing food items.
• Maintaining food costs and budget goals.
• Produce required product according to Banquet Event Orders for each event.
• Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
• Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
• Inventory controls.
• Responsible for Kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
• Assists with monthly inventory.
• Provide the highest customer service excellence.
• Ensure all Savor F&B policies and procedures are followed.
• Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
• Enforce all sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
• Direct and correct the presentation and portioning of food according to company standards.
• Organize equipment for an event as well as clean and maintain equipment during and after functions.
• Make sure all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
• Follow all designated opening and closing procedures to ensure areas are secure and energy efficient.
• Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the food and beverage operations and to ASM GLOBAL Food and Beverage Division.
• Perform any reasonable requests assigned by management for staffing and performance needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• General supervision of all kitchen staff.
• Training of all new kitchen staff.
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to be creative with food presentations and maintain a quality product.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as events dictate.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field
• 3 or more years of hands on experience
• Food and wine knowledge and creativity
• 2 or more years of Kitchen/culinary supervisory experience
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for quality control of food services. Must be able to withstand loud noise in the environment.
• Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• This position requires stooping and lifting, substantial walking and manual dexterity. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an area where high heat may be used for cooking or cleaning purposes.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.