Maintenance Technician El Paso Water Parks (Seasonal)
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for Maintenance Technician. The El Paso Water Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance of all water park equipment to ensure safe operations. This position will focus on repair, inspection and troubleshooting all water park attractions and establish a preventative maintenance program. Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standard of safety on all water park attractions in accordance with all safety related policies.
- Responsible to ensure all water chemistry is within the CDC and local health department guidelines.
- Provide daily safety inspections on water park attractions and equipment.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all water park attractions and equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance, repairs and inspections on all water park attractions and equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Provide and maintain all records of maintenance logs, inspections, chemical logs, and checklists.
- Ensures all preventative maintenance is completed in accordance with the manufacturers’ manuals and guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor about code compliance inspections of the facilities and ensure all licenses and permits are current and up to date.
- Maintain aquatic areas by brushing, skimming, vacuuming, and scrubbing as required.
- Responds to work orders at all El Paso Water Park facilities. Including painting, pressure washing, and landscaping.
- Anticipates potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services.
- Adheres to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Works closely with the General Manager of Water Parks in the preparation and negotiation of Service Agreements.
- Responsible for maintaining budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for properly maintaining life/fire safety systems.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining ASM Global Online Maintenance Program Altum.
- Immediately report needed repairs to the water park Manager and direct supervisor.
- Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Attend monthly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Recognize and respond effectively to all emergency situations.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and maintenance field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have ability to read measurements and math skills to calculate appropriate chemical dosing.
- Two years’ experience in water quality/chemistry for pools and or water parks preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatics Facility Operator (AFO) certification preferred.
- Possess necessary knowledge and skills in HVAC, exhaust fans, pumps, hydraulics, drainage system, pool filtration, pool chemical controllers, basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED and 1-year related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, move around facility, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping and equipment operation.
- Position requires work both indoors and out and is subject to adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel via air and auto required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor