Part-time Banquet Server
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reports for work in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
• Follows instructions for each event as given by the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
• Assists with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
• Assists with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
• Assists with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
• Assists with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
• Prepares tables with place settings as instructed by the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
• Attends pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
• Provides friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
• Remains at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
• Reports any customer concerns and/or complaints to Banquet Captain.
• Breaks down tables and banquet equipment after each event.
• Cleans and returns serving pieces to proper storage area.
• Adheres to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
• Follows service standards, procedures and guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience in service-oriented environment.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of catering services and terminology
• Strong guest service skills
• Ability to get along well with others
• Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
• Positive customer service oriented attitude at all times
• Maintain proper grooming and dress code standards
• Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
• Attention to detail
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
•The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. •This position requires performing repetitive eye/hand coordination; daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. above shoulder level for up to 5 minutes at a time; constant standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and handling objects; not subject to adverse conditions; irregular hours will be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.