Aquatics & Park Services Supervisor El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for Aquatics & Park Services Supervisor. The El Paso Water Park Aquatics & Park Services Supervisor is responsible for providing a safe recreational environment by ensuring guests follow water park policies and respond to any emergencies in a timely manner. Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
The Aquatics & Park Service Supervisor, under management’s supervision, is responsible for all areas of Aquatics/Park Services department. This role involves overseeing staff, ensuring safety compliance, mantaining facility standards, and proper record keeping. This position requires coordination with all departments of El Paso Water Parks and ensures proper and efficient operation, care and maintenance of the facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce all rules and regulations.
- Ensures lifeguard rotations and breaks are done efficiently and in accordance with Ellis & Associates, State, and Local regulations.
- Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents.
- Assist management with daily duties to ensure smooth operation of the facilities.
- Responsible for leading a team of approximately 30+ lifeguards within the aquatics department, enforcing established rules, complying with regulations, and maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform supervisory tasks of a team, including resolving conflict, coaching, and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Responsible for monthly auditing quota-observing lifeguards 10/20s, live action drills, and operational manikin drops.
- Will serve as the Management Responder for any first aid or medical needs. Responsible for ensuring proper care, directing guests(s) to off-site medical care, or activating the Emergency Action Plan as needed. Will complete all first aid reports with clear factual statements.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
- Participate and assist with in-service training programs for safety, customer service at all water park facilities.
- Keep the water park areas clear of dangerous objects and substances.
- Will serve as the first management integration for all aquatics related guest concerns. Must think critically and empathetically to reach conclusions.
- Enforce El Paso Water Parks, Ellis & Associates and ASM Global safety standards.
- Stay current with training policies and procedures.
- Act as a first responder and jump in the water to keep guests safe.
- Responsible for maintaining proper aquatics records.
- Immediately report needed repairs to the assistant manager and or manager.
- Perform related duties as assigned by assistant manager and or manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, general housekeeping, general maintenance, inspection of equipment and aquatic features within the park.
- Assist in opening, closing, and operating of the facility as directed by management.
- Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining pools by brushing, skimming, vacuuming, scrubbing, etc. as required.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional favorable public appearance.
- Attend monthly staff meetings as required. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Follow proper procedures when testing pool chemicals if necessary.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Recognize and respond effectively to all difficult/emergency situations.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally in the aquatics and risk management field.
- Assists in training and managing Park Services Team including COVID polices, proper chemical training, and cleanliness training.
- Follow and enforce all sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
- Oversee daily tasks associated with maintaining cleanliness of the park including sweeping, brushing, cleaning, and stocking restrooms, emptying trash cans, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to swim, perform water activities and rescues.
- Must be able to swim 50 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), swim under water for 10 feet, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from bottom of a pool (shallow water).
- Must be able to swim 200 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), tread water for 2 minutes with hands out of the water and retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deepest part of the pool (deep water).
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in employment.
- Current Ellis & Associates (or equivalent) lifeguard certification preferred or able to attain certification upon hire.
- Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrate leadership experience with team-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Preferred two years of experience in aquatics operation: lifeguarding, lifeguard training, swim instruction.
- Ability to Swim.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in prolonged stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
- Comfortable working outdoors in various weather conditions
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor