Under immediate supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events, skilled and unskilled job tasks as assigned with Destination El Paso.
Major Responsibilities & Essential Duties
• A team player and able to communicate well with others.
• Provide customer Service. Making the customer experience exceptional
• Adhere to ASM Global procedures and policies.
• Assist and direct patrons to appropriate destinations, i.e. concessions, restrooms, etc.
• Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
• Assist with last minute pre-event needs such set-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
• Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, student and groups.
• Ensure safety of patrons, staff vendors, participants and others on premises.
• Sell merchandise for shows when requested by the tour manager and effectively communicate with the merchandise manager for each show.
• Assist in controlling unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies.
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
• Report any problems concerning the event to the Event Manger(s) and/or Upper Level Management on duty.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Responsible for allowing only valid ticket credentials into specific areas of the building while not permitting spirts to leave certain spaces and scanning tickets and /or providing wristbands or stamps when needed.
• All event staff are expected to fill in any position as needed during any point of the events and will possibly become a breaker during the events to assist in giving co-workers breaks in various areas and positions around the venues.
• Search for lost articles or for parents of lost children.
• Give door checks to patrons who are temporally leaving establishments.
• Responsible for distributing programs or other promotional items to guests during ingress, the event, or egress.
• As necessary handles tough, high-pressure situations while remaining calm and professional.
• Be able to arrive to work on time as scheduled.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Must have Customer Service Skills. Making the customer experience exceptional.
• Must be able to properly use and understand scheduling applications and guidelines.
• Must be able stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time
• Basic math skills to be able to accurately handle & count money.
• Must possess valid drivers license as well as reliable transportation.
Education & Experience
• Customer Service: one year (Preferred)
• High School or equivalent (Preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around facility. Position requires step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0690.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.