Under general supervision, the Event Manager position oversees and supervises all events related to the facility and surrounding grounds to ensure successful outcomes. Provides management of events and monitor the logistics of these events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan, organize and direct various personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe and efficient environment.
• Schedule event staff for day-to-day operations and special events. Continue to adjust and update work schedules to reflect cost efficiency and building activity.
• Assist with budget preparation and track budget allocation throughout the year.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMS and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
• Prepare payroll, maintain records and compile reports for management on a periodic basis.
• Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or clients and promoters.
• Investigate, report and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
• Gain control over unusual circumstances caused by fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
• Train event staff, and other personnel in protective procedures, fire safety and other emergency procedures.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising event staff.
• Possess knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
• Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Possess any appropriate licenses as required by the state.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
• Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
• Must be able to multi-task.
Education And/Or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around facility. Position requires step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.