Under immediate supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events, skilled and unskilled job tasks as assigned with the El Paso Convention & Performing Arts Center.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Assist and direct patrons to appropriate destinations, i.e. concessions, restrooms, etc.
• Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
• Assist with last minute pre-event needs such set-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
• Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, student and groups. • Ensure safety of patrons, staff vendors, participants and others on premises.
• Assist in controlling unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies. • Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises. • Report to the Event Mangers any problems concerning the event.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results. • Perform other duties as assigned
•Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors and others encountered in the course of employment.
•Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
•Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
•Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
•Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Starting pay: $8.50 per hour.