Menu
79° Partly cloudy

Things To Do

Cathedral
Photography by Visita Juarez
Av. 16 de Septiembre
Juarez, Mexico

The Cathedral was dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe, patron of the cities, and has been seat for the Bishop of the Diocese since 1957. Begun in 1941-45, it was rebuilt between 1975 and 1977 after it was destroyed by fire. The original façade and 100 ft. towers remain. The rest of the building was completely transformed in an austere and sober style. On the south side is the stained-glass window representing “The Grace of God in the salvation of Mexico through the Virgin of Guadalupe”, as well as the miracle of the roses