P/T Security Guard
SMG manages the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Center, the El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau, McKelligon Amphitheater, The Plaza Theater, and the El Paso Film Commission.
Under general supervision, patrols assigned territory to protect patrons and property.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Patrol premises to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
• Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events or at the facility. If necessary, escort
disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
• Prepare incident reports. • Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering • Prepare late parking and car storage reports
• Assist with crowd control inside and outside
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Assist departments, such as box office, when handling large sums of money • Relieve event guards for breaks with the authorization from the Event Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• Position requires physical ability to move around facility grounds and buildings, may require
operation of motor vehicle, may be exposed to physical confrontations, indoors and outdoors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 3-5 years security/law enforcement experience required
• Current knowledge and training in first aid, i.e. CPR needed
• Security certification and valid driver’s license
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Destination El Paso
One Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901