Destination Experience Specialist
• Provide customer service and visitor information to tourists.
• Participate in general tourist information center functions.
• Keep brochure racks stocked and brochures ordered as needed.
• Must maintain a clean and organized visitor information center.
• Selling items at retail locations.
• Provide directional information for travelers in person and over the phone.
• Aid in execution of Visit El Paso events.
• Track and record phone calls, FaceTime, and walk-in interactions.
• Creates inventory of brochures and retail items.
• Receives cash and credit payments for retail items and issues receipts in a timely manner.
• Completes all necessary reports/paperwork involved in reconciliation of money collected.
• Remains knowledgeable about merchandise and store policies and implements sales and promotions.
• Conveys product features and benefits – demonstrating, if necessary.
• Handles refunds, and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service.
• Answer and appropriately route incoming telephone calls.
• Acts as tour guide.
• Record detailed messages from callers and/or visitors. • Must be able to work holidays and weekends. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a good knowledge of El Paso and keep current with news, restaurants, attractions, hotels and any other pertinent information that would be beneficial to tourists.
• Demonstrate skills in customer relations and problem solving.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Use multi-line telephone system and other office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine. • Computer knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, Infotrac and Internet preferred. • Knowledge of Apple products such as iPads. • Experience handling cash, credit cards and other forms of payment. • Calculate mathematical computations and handle cash/credit transactions rapidly and accurately • Must be able to lift over 30 lbs. • Must have a valid driver’s license; must drive to the various Visitor Information Centers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- list text here Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Work under adverse indoor/outdoor conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Work in loud environments surrounded by crowds.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED. Must have good knowledge of the city of El Paso and customer service. Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to tactfully handle irate tourists; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public. Spanish preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
**NOTE: ** This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0656 ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor