P/T Parking Cashier
Under general supervision of the Parking Supervisor, the parking cashier is responsible for overall parking operations during events encompassing efficient daily operations and activities in all SMG parking facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Provide general tourist and event information or other routine information to patrons and general public
• Financial responsibility for strict procedures and controls of all monies received to include but not limited to: accuracy in cashier sales, proper reconciliation of sales with ticket inventory sold by each cashier, proper preparation and verification of daily deposits, scrutiny for determent of cash shortages or losses.
• Audit of prior day’s activity to include but not limited to: correlation of cash recorded to cashier sales, car counts, ticket sales, car storage, monthly parking, special parking, parking rates, deposit and drop and overview of accuracy of Parking Report.
• Ensure compliance and provide required reporting and billing with land lease agreements, parking agreements, and other agreements as applicable to parking operations and developing contract parking agreements
• Monitor parking staff to ensure proper ingress and egress of traffic during events including periodic patrolling of parking areas to deter theft and vandalism
• Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment using Just In Time analysis or the like
• Ensure Shipping and Receiving complies with cataloging and verification of special equipment and supplies ordered by various departments
• Provides general maintenance and upkeep of parking equipment
• Perform various clerical tasks to include but not limited to: sort and organize files, good record keeping, daily reconciliation and verification of change fund, prepare daily activity reports on computer, inventory of assigned ticket stock, supplies, and staff leave requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Working knowledge of parking operations and automated parking systems preferred
• Experience in general office work, supervision of financial operations and transactions, including one year cash handling experience.
• Good knowledge of cleaning methods, procedures, materials, tools and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimal knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise initiative and independent judgment to determine work methods or approaches to work situations for the types of events anticipated at the facility
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Ability to work with the public and professionally handle confrontational situations
• Ability to effectively supervise staff
• Strong customer service skills
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facilities (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving and moderate to loud noises • Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing and sweeping machines
• Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• High level of skill in counting cash accurately and handling large volumes of cash
• Ability to administer and ensure compliance of contractual obligations
• Able to perform profit/loss analysis
• Ability to operate computer controlled automated parking system, basic troubleshooting, creation of reports, activation/deactivation of authorized parking users and groups
• Being able to communicate in Spanish is beneficial
• Must be able to pass a background and credit check. Credit must be in good standing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid driver’s license from the State of Texas is required
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Considerable amount of walking, climbing, stooping and possibly heavy lifting
• Exposure to both indoor/outdoor settings, adverse weather conditions, moving vehicles, and moderate noise
• Computer knowledge and use of Microsoft Office components such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.