Under general supervision the Production Foreman who is responsible for supervising the members of the Production Staff in conjunction with the Production Manager and performing duties of the Department as assigned by the Production Manager, as well as, the maintenance, set-up, take down and storage of production equipment in support of client needs; to include video, audio, lighting and special effects equipment for The El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Centers, to include, the Abraham Chavez Theater, Plaza Theatre, Convention Center, Arts Festival Plaza, Philanthropy Theatre, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater and Pavilion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and monitor facility inventory related to Production services.
• Supports the Production Manager as needed for Event Advance, load in, show run and loadout.
• Investigate, analyze and resolve operational and maintenance problems; develop and implement preventive maintenance program for all facility production equipment.
• Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in technical construction, operation and maintenance of facility audio, visual and other systems.
• Possess knowledge and experience in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the type of events anticipated at the facility.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of facilities audio, visual displays and other systems.
• Know laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or a stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Demonstrate knowledge of conference and meeting production requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current digital and analog sound, video, and lighting control and equipment.
• Have the ability to understand technical contract riders as they apply to production needs.
• Be able to manage labor contracted outside of the Production Department as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Three or more years working with light, sound and video production in a convention center, arena, theater or road show environment
• Must have valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility at times, walking and/or standing from 8-14 hours daily as well as the ability to frequently lift in excess of 50 not more than 100 pounds. This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including weather, noise, dust, fumes etc. Must be able to work in environments above ground level confidently and professionally.
** HOURS OF WORK**
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor