P/T Seasonal Special Event Coordinator
Under immediate supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the Special Event Manager in coordinating logistics, marketing and overall concept for El Paso Live’s special events and festivals.
• Reports to Event Sponsorship Manager (ESM)
• Executes Logistics, Vendor Relations, & Marketing duties within Special Events & Festivals Department for El Paso Live-produced events and festivals
• Assists ESM with overall plan and concept of events
• Assists ESM in creating sponsorship presentations
• Assists ESM in coordinating sponsorship execution
• Works with ESM to follow event budgets
• Executes administrative duties, miscellaneous
• Coordinates volunteer groups, charity groups, artists, & entertainers at events
• Researches and books special features to enhance event atmosphere/experience
• Seeks and sells booth space to retail, arts, and craft vendors
• Organizes financial and contractual paperwork
• Works with F&B team to solidify food & beverage trucks/vendors
• Coordinates with Marketing Team to design & order event merchandise (staff & on sale)
• Prepares sponsor and media benefit packages
• Prepares vendor & partner credential packets
• Assists ESM in coordinating vendor and equipment set-up and tear down plans
• Coordinates on site execution of vendors, volunteers, charity groups, talent, artists, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university highly desirable; 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license, working knowledge of the principles of Special, Events, Festival Logistics and Vendor Relations and Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Activities occur both inside and outside facility; some exposure to adverse weather conditions; ability to work flexible hours, as needed, which may include nights, weekends or holidays. Standing for long periods is normal and walking during events is expected.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor