P/T Parking Cashier
Under general supervision, the part-time cashier will be responsible for obtaining payments for garage access, directs vehicles into the garage, and maintains garage as assigned within the El Paso Convention & Performing Arts Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives cash and credit for the payment of parking fees and issues correct change and receipt for funds in a timely
• Completes all necessary reports/paper work involved with reconciliation of all monies collected
• Answers questions regarding daily, event, monthly and long-term parking.
• Provides customer service and information requested from patrons / general public.
• Works extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Directs traffic and cleans garage and other areas of facility as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience in cash handling.
• Demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
• Calculate mathematical computations and handle cash transactions rapidly and accurately.
• Communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
• Operate calculators and standard office equipment as needed.
High School diploma or GED and cash handling experience; good knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public. Must pass background and credit check.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Cover letter or Resume must include salary requirements for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0690.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor