Human Resources Manager
ASM GLOBAL, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager at Destination El Paso. The position reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. The Human Resources Manager must ensure the effective use of human resources management tools to: safeguard competitiveness and cost efficiency; act as a catalyst for change by challenging accepted wisdom and practice; contribute to the development of the organization’s most important asset – its human resources; play a clear role with colleagues that human resources is a key contributor to the business and as such a resource tool for them to use with confidence. This position requires someone who can think strategically to support the business and provide hands on support when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate Destination El Paso’s human resource function.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
• Responsible for the defining and executing the overall labor strategy at Destination El Paso. Act as Primary Contact for all Labor Relations issues. Negotiate contracts, memorandums of understanding, and agreements as appropriate.
• Provide excellent employee relations advice and programming.
• Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside El Paso.
• Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates at all levels.
• Develop progressive, proactive, and efficient total reward and benefit programs to provide motivation and incentive.
• Develop programs to allow the Center to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and experiences and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
• Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
• Drive a safety conscious culture throughout the organization.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
• Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources.
• Assure the quality of the data in the human resources information systems in order to produce reliable and valuable reporting for internal and external agencies.
• Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business and industry.
• Assure compliance with governmental and organizational employment, human resources, industrial relations, and environmental, health and safety policies, programs and regulations.
• Manage financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
• Maintains OSHA log, Worker’s Compensation claims, and General Liability claim files.
• Compiles data, investigating accidents, and preparing reports for insurance carriers.
• Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issue of the organization.
• Manages and guarantees bi-weekly disbursements of facility payroll for all employees utilizing ADP Enterprise HR or Workday Systems.
• Develop the talent within the HR function.
• Provide support and supervision to the operations of the business.
• Additional responsibilities as required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all ASM GLOBAL policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field is required. Master’s degree in an HR related field or general business preferred. Senior HR Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRP, etc.) is a strong plus. • Experience – 8+ years in human resources. 3+ years supervising and developing professionals. Must bring relevant human resources and labor relations experience with successful track record in working together with people at all levels of the organization. • Experience processing payroll using ADP and or Workday Systems preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Senior HR Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRP, etc.) is a strong plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Motivated by goals, displays energy and enthusiasm and pushes team to reach their goals. Vision to think strategically but operate pragmatically, with a strong results orientation.
• Good oral, written and listening skills. Good analytical skills, including ability to lead, facilitate, plan, document and organize.
• Accepts and adapts to change; understands that change is a constant and necessary path for involvement and growth. • Dedicated to meeting expectations & requirements of internal and external customers.
• Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
• Solves problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes answers; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
• Creates strong morale and spirit within team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Proactive, assertive, self-confident and creative with an inherent bias towards action.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word, Excel, other office programs and ADP HRIS or Workday Systems preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0656 ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor