Human Resource Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows ASM GLOBAL Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Assists in administering performance review and salary administration program
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Maintains files and records in compliance with ASM GLOBAL, Federal, and State guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining OSHA log, Worker’s Compensation claims, and General Liability claim files.
- Assists in Compiling data, investigating accidents, and preparing reports for insurance carriers.
- Responsible for processing payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and ASM GLOBAL policies and procedures.
- Manages and guarantees bi-weekly disbursements of facility payroll for all employees utilizing ADP Enterprise HR or Workday Systems.
- Manages the process of wage garnishments, deductions, and payments for applicable employees.
- Ability to recognize and research errors on payroll reports, including tax credits, employee wage discrepancies and other regulatory reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Education and/or Experience **
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred
- 2 to 3 years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience administering benefit programs
- Experience processing payroll using ADP and or Workday Systems preferred
- Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential
- Knowledgeable with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, Title VII and related state and federal regulations required
- Solid knowledge of ADP Enterprise HR and or Workday Systems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
**Computer Skills **
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word, Excel, and ADP/HRIS or Workday automated payroll software. Other Qualifications
oMonday –Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some periodic irregular hours oMust have valid state issued driver’s license oProfessional appearance and attitude are essential
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and listen. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
** NOTE: ** This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0630 ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor