Food & Beverage Catering Manager
Under general supervision the Food and Beverage Catering Sales Manager, who will be responsible for overseeing full time, part-time and contract employees performing food and beverage services for the facility and events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors/employees which manages the El Paso Convention & Performing Arts Center, the El Paso Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, McKelligon Canyon Amphitheater, The Plaza Theater, and the El Paso Film Commission.
Major Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
• Produces BEO’s for each event. Distributes BEOs to associates 10 days prior to event, finalize, guarantees (3) days prior to event and redistributes to associates. Finalize all BEOs and accurate backup to catering Supervisor and Director of F&B within two days following event.
• BEO system maintenance. Work with Sales to maintain the information of BEOs and provide F&B team with the most up to date information.
• Responsible for training associates on use of BEO system.
• Entertain prospective clients.
• Report daily to the Director of F&B information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
• Develop menus, packages, and work on other project assigned.
• Ensures a successful client event by routine and thorough check of food standards, room set up and that all scheduled food service is on time.
• Resolving any client concerns while on site.
• Oversee assigned events while continuously interacting with clients through the duration of the event.
• Hiring, training and development of all catering associates.
• Schedules and assigns Captains/Supervisors/Catering associates to locations.
• Ensures that all catering associates adheres to ASM Global Policy and Procedures to include but not limited to - proper uniform, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Ensures catering associates are current with TABC and Health Department Certification and Training.
• Confer with Chef and the kitchen on service times to meet client expectations.
• Investigates any client food quality or service issues and resolves them to client satisfaction.
• Supervises inventories of food and beverage catering supplies on hand and at the end of each event or other designated times.
• Monitors and maintains labor controls and costs to meet budgeted guidelines.
• Assist Concession Manager in Concession Operations when needed.
• Develops and implements food and beverage event décor and presentation in conjunction with executive chef.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities Include the following but not limited to:
• Directly supervises all employees in catering and at times Concessions when needed.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Savor El Paso Catering by ASM Global Policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include - interviewing, hiring, training associates; planning, assigning and monitoring work; appraising performance, handling all employee issues in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving issues as problems arise.
• Position requires working both inside and outside in addition to the physical requirements of continuous walking, standing, sitting, and lifting (up to 50lbs.)
• Irregular hours per the event schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be a team player and master communicator. You must be able to perform each essential duty to the fullest capacity. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** Minimum Requirements:**
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous supervisory experience in a similar venue.
• Strong communicator: must be able to communicate clearly.
• Demonstrated ability to control costs, generate increased revenue and manage accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills needed.
• Ability to function in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage several direct reports.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and POS Systems.
• Trained and respondent in case of emergencies.
• TABC certified.
• Management Food Handler Certified.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor