Food & Beverage Captain
Under general supervision the Catering/Concessions Manager. This position oversees all Banquet Functions to include, coffee breaks, buffet, plated and reception events. This position also oversees concessions in the absence of the Concessions Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Training of all Food & Beverages Servers, Cashiers and Bartenders.
• Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintaining all Banquet equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
• Maintain a Health Department score of 90 or higher.
• Must be creative in designing buffets and coffee break décor.
• Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
• Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with clients during events.
• Cleaning of uniforms and Banquet Linens
• Supervises all Part-time and Full-time F&B Staff
• At least two years of experience in a banquet facility servicing meals for large events.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Computer skills to include Excel programs.
• Servesaf certified
• Ability to be creative with buffet presentations and maintain a quality product.
• Attention to detail and service oriented.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or G.E.D. and one (2) year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and the minimum of 6 months of supervisor experience.
• This position requires stooping and lifting. Substantial walking and manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required. This position requires substantial standing, walking, and dexterity to operate office and warehouse equipment. Also requires lifting (50lbs) and stooping.
• Must be able to stand / sit / walk for extended periods of time.
• Long hours: To include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Physically able to move/lift 50 lbs.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to work on weekends, holidays and long hours.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA