Facility Sales Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Included but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies organizations within assigned market segment, Uses Sales and Marketing principles to promote the facility.
- Assists the Director of Sales in the implementation of sales plans and objectives and recommends programs and policies to achieve these plans and objective.
- Contribute to the overall sales objectives by achieving quantifiable goals set forth by the Director off Sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Documents, thoroughly, information relating to contacts and needs of clients or prospective clients. Assures such files and database are properly organized and kept up to date using the department’s CRM software, iDSS and VenueOps filing procedures.
- Solicits and follows up with prospective clients via telephone, letters, and personal contacts in a timely manner
- Conducts site tours as required and entertains clients as appropriate
- Prepares and delivers written and oral sales presentations to individuals and/or groups as appropriate.
- Develop proposals for potential clients and the Convention Development Department and follows through on respective pending bookings as well as negotiates and prepares contracts outlining all space licensed and rental rates
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relay changes to other departments
- Maintains a positive and professional image and builds an effective rapport with clients or prospective clients during entire sales process including networking, event planning and post event follow up
- Stimulates the constant improvement of selling methods and productivity
- Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the competition in terms of accessibility, services, meeting rooms available, etc. Effectively uses this information to accentuate the positive features and advantages we have versus other alternatives
- Attend local, state and regional industry meetings, seminars and tradeshows as required or when appropriate
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events and special projects and assignments as required by the Director of Sales.
- Works directly and effectively with Food and Beverage, Events departments and communicate client needs, special requests and other pertinent information for each event
- Perform related duties as required and assigned
Position requires the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a professional image
- Tactfully interact with staff, clients, general public, and the hospitality community
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Operate modern office equipment, including but not limit to computer, fax, phone, and copy machine.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Two years of sales experience (preferably in venue and/or facility sales), bachelor’s degree in Hotel, Marketing and/or Business Administration, or closely related field. Equivalent in directly related work experience may be substituted. Have a proven record of accomplishment of successful meeting and convention selling, as well as a steady progression of increased responsibilities or college education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Be able to operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer working skills in MS Office.
- Requires sitting and working on the computer as well as the phone; assisting with duty manager requirements for events which would include standing and walking.
- Occasionally, bending, stooping, and lifting may be required. Position may subject to adverse conditions and irregular schedules.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors and visitors to the facility.
- Must be a team player
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.