Facility Sales Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Included but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the solicitation of business specifically for El Paso Live facilities.
• Manage accounts in and continue to grow computerized database of clients with the intent to initiate communication, and receive, answer, and respond to inquiries or provide other assistance.
• Utilize the department’s database to maintain accurate and detailed records of prospects, leads, new business, sales calls and existing client interaction.
• Maintain a positive and professional image and build an effective rapport with clients or prospective clients.
• Prospect new events and make contact with clients via various methods to include but not limited to telephone calls, letters and email correspondence.
• Negotiates and prepares proposals and contracts outlining all space leased and rental rates.
• Determine clients’ needs and match with the facility’s capabilities and availability, understanding the impact to the facility’s overall operation.
• Provide client booking/sales information, follow-up, conduct site tours and close the sale.
• Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the competition in terms of accessibility, services, meeting rooms available, etc. Effectively uses this information to accentuate the positive features and advantages we have as a destination versus other alternatives.
• Develop relationships and build partnerships with related local businesses and vendors.
• Follow up with contacts and leads in a timely manner.
• Entertain clients and prospective clients as appropriate during hospitality suite events, receptions, site visits and tours.
• Research and develop themes for “packaging” El Paso to both groups and visitors. Organize package contents and create design for package presentation with the assistance of the Director of Sales.
• Produce monthly sales report for Director of Sales, including minimum number of sales calls per days as directed.
• Meet or exceed quantifiable goals for calls made, proposals created, and contracted business determined by Director of Sales on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Manage respective clients from initial contact through the conclusion of the event as well as assist with the follow-up of the post-event evaluation and next sales opportunity.
• Attend local industry meetings, seminars and webinars as required.
• Attend tradeshows and industry events as required.
• Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events, and special projects.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position requires the ability to:
• Knowledge of sales and marketing principles necessary to promote the facility.
• At least two (2) years of practical sales experience or convention center experience preferred.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both in an oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, customers, employees and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Communicate effectively, both in oral and written form such as when making sales and informational presentations before groups of various sizes or diverse demographics, and when responding to common inquires or complaints from clients or members of the community.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Demonstrate ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
• Operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Two years of sales experience, Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel, Marketing and/or Business Administration, or closely related field. Equivalent in directly related work experience may be substituted. Have a proven record of accomplishment of successful meeting and convention selling, as well as a steady progression of increased responsibilities or college education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This section contains information on working conditions out of the ordinary such as
• Office environment
• Requires sitting and working on the computer as well as the phone; assisting with duty manager requirements for events which would include standing and walking
• Occasionally, bending, stooping, and lifting may be required
• Requires flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and possible holidays
• Some out of state and intra-state travel required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.