Under general supervision the Part-Time Lead Barista position requires the individual to have excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, food preparation, assist in preparing location and area for day to day operation, responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions and assist with location inventory controls. Must also be eager to learn, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be super detail oriented and the ability to build relationships.
The following are typical for this position. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
• Welcoming, greeting and efficiently serving and taking orders for our customers.
• Explaining and educating the customers about different coffee products and food options
• Preparing and selling coffee products by closely following the prescribed preparation techniques and recipes for various coffee drinks like expresso, lattes, frappes, cold brew, cappuccino and more.
• Sanitizing or cleaning utensils, works areas and equipment
• Ordering, receiving and stocking retail products or stuck supplies
• Regular checking the temperature of refrigerators, freezers or other heating equipment to make sure it functions properly
• Serving prepared foods
• Ensuring a healthy and safe environment and a friendly atmosphere by following sanitation regulations and organizations standards
• Labeling, wrapping or dating food products for sale
• Setting up or restocking product displays
• Taking out the garbage
• Clearing and cleaning tables
• Taking customer orders and conveying them to other employees for preparation
• Maintaining a prompt and friendly customer service
• Reporting potential safety hazards to the manager on duty without delay
• Follow policy and procedures of ASM Global Food & Beverage/Savor
• Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area
• Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times
• Shift Leader
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have high school diploma or GED.
Food Handler Certification required.
** MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS**
• Basic working knowledge of food and beverage
• Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money
• Basic food preparation
• Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work
• Positive attitude and neat appearance
• Must speak and understand English
• Must valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Must clear background and credit check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility at times, walking and/or standing from 8-14 hours daily as well as the ability to frequently lift in excess of 50 not more than 100 pounds. This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including weather, noise, dust, fumes etc. Must be able to work safely in high positions. Must have valid driver’s license.
HOURS OF WORK
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. I understand that my duties are subject to change.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor