Amigo Man Mascot
Under general supervision, the Amigo Man Mascot will be responsible for performing as a mascot, possessing excellent non-verbal communication skills and be physically fit. Candidate must also have a creative and humorous personality with great improvisational skills. Successful candidates must also be responsible, organized and be a positive member of a front office staff.
The following are typical for this position. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
• Develop the character of the City of El Paso Mascot “Amigo Man”
• Perform at all events determined by Destination El Paso/City of El Paso.
• Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community appearances. This includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions.
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Work directly with the Tourism, Convention Development departments with any promotions necessary.
• Create goodwill in community.
• Create, schedule, organize, and plan all outside community appearances
• Develop and participate in a character branding program
• May be assigned additional tasks at Directors discretion.
• Mascot experience is preferred.
• Due to costume restrictions, candidates must be at least 5 feet 6 inches tall but no more than 5 feet 10 inches tall
• Ability to endure extreme heat conditions
• Own transportation with valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
• Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools
• Must pass background check
• Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands.
• Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and clients’ needs or wants relating to the mascot.
• Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly.
• Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to Destination El Paso standards.
• Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including some days, nights, holidays and weekends.
• Fan friendly and outgoing individual.
• Works well with children and other staff members at many events.
• Good physical condition.
• Must be able to fit and work in a costume.
• Must be good representative of Destination El Paso & the brand.
• Must be able to travel outside of El Paso.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Mascot experience preferred.
• Some travel
• High noise level
• Exposure to the weather conditions
• In and out of doors several times a day
• Exposure to heat and cold, dust, pollen, fumes
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor