Advertising & Marketing Coordinator
SUMMARY Assists in all advertising, public relations, and promotional activity to support all events taking place at all venues associated with Destination El Paso, specifically the El Paso Convention Center, Abraham Chavez Theater, The Plaza Theatre, the Philanthropy Theatre, the Alcantar Sky Garden, Arts Festival Plaza, and McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre. Will also assist in El Paso Water Parks advertising and marketing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with execution of marketing plans for events, to include all available services: media strategy, public media appearances, and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Relations, media buys & placement, creative design, collateral distribution, promotional development, production quotes.
- Collaborate with manager on social, digital and other marketing strategies for events, when applicable.
- Work with City entities, local organizations and businesses on special promotional offers.
- Work with graphic designers to have specific items created for promotion and event announces.
- Assist with post-event settlements, budget summaries, media invoices and reports for event settlement with all clients.
- Accountable for all media & advertising billing related to the events managed.
- Write and prepare copy for print/radio/TV spots and press releases, or other items as needed.
- Assist with the creative management, development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support event ticket sales and marketing programs.
- Coordinate and execute under supervision special promotion offers, ticket giveaways and promotional activities.
- Conduct routine surveys with patrons and gather information on demographics and habits of the market.
- Social Media monitoring and tracking of similar venues and festivals for industry research.
- Maintain schedules for Plaza Theatre Marquee, Convention Center Plaza Digital Marquee and display pieces in venues.
- Create, maintain and distribute communications with online email database for email offers, special updates, et al.
- Update and maintain database for electronic email communication with patrons.
- Daily interface with Finance/Accounting Department to ensure accurate payment of event-related accounts, including end of fiscal year close out.
- Routine work with EL PASO LIVE staff to ensure concierge tables at each venue are prepared and maintained for all EL PASO LIVE events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Excellent knowledge of writing and editing, verbal communications and organizational skills
- Critical ability to work independently and produce accurate results while managing multiple projects and deadlines with constantly changing priorities on projects that require great attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and general public.
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment, including copy machine and fax machine. Graphics skills preferred in Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, or online based design program.
- Knowledge of social networking platforms and online advertising campaigns, analytics, and implementation.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, or related field.
- Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
- Ability to distinguish color for intricate design purposes.
- Daily standing for up to 15 minutes at a time operating office equipment such as printer or photocopier.
- Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Ability/licensed to drive automobile.
- Ability to move frequently between various buildings/venues/media outlets daily.
- Ability to routinely sit, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
HOURS OF WORK/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM
- Frequent additional hours, evenings and weekends, flexible schedule required.
- This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
- Occasional travel may be required.
NOTE: This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and are not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of anyone incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please complete the application thoroughly and submit a resume to be considered.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628