Sun City Doulas: Baby Box Co. Distribution Day
July 18, 2017
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
1312 E. Rio Grande
- Event Days:
- The Retreat Birth and Maternity Services Center
- Admission is free. Baby Boxes are free and open to anyone regardless of socioeconomic and/or pregnancy status.
- Contact Name:
- Lety Knight
- Contact E-mail Address:
- Contact Phone Number:
From Baby Box University: “Baby Box University is a platform established by The Baby Box Co. to provide expecting and new parents with universal access to educational resources and a support system. Developed in conjunction with leading medical experts, Baby Box University includes short form videos, articles, an ‘ask an expert’ feature, e-books and more.
The Baby Box tradition is credited with helping Finland achieve one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world, but Baby Boxes are hardly the magical single-layer solution widely portrayed in media.
We are proud that our Baby Boxes are safe-certified and sustainable infant sleep spaces, but want families to know that it’s the education, healthcare and community components of The Baby Box Co.’s global programs that are transformational.
Our emphasis on education is very much in line with the 75+ year Baby Box initiative in Finland. Every expecting Finnish mother visits a doctor to receive important healthcare information in her second trimester before qualifying for a government-issued Baby Box.”
How can I get a Baby Box?
The Sun City Doulas are proud to be the first distributor in the region to provide Baby Box Co.’s baby boxes to the borderland’s birthing community! We are happy to be a part of this amazing educational initiative providing information and resources to our growing families. The Baby Boxes are free and available to anyone in the community.
How to claim your Baby Box:
- Logon to BabyBoxUniversity.com
- Select the syllabus for San Antonio B.E.S.T. You may choose to complete the syllabus in English or Spanish.
- Upon completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion. Please print or take a screenshot of your certificate.
- Bring your proof of completion to any of our distribution days to receive your box.