Film Commission Coordinator
• Provide comprehensive information regarding locations, permit requirements, policies, and general production information to both local and major film makers.
• Assist Film Commissioner in developing, marketing and promoting El Paso locations to attract film productions. Assist and coordinate site visits/location scouts.
• Assist in permitting projects, based on the needs of production companies.
• Act as a liaison with production companies that require resolution to on-location problems; coordinates production company needs with appropriate public agencies, city, county, state or federal government departments and the local film crew.
• Assist on location based upon Commissioner’s and production company’s needs during pre-production, filming or post-production.
• Establish and maintain a solid working relationship with hotel/motel community, city departments, and local film partners.
• Represent the department at events, tradeshows and receptions such as AFCI Locations Expo, SXSW, etc.
• Assist in the development of marketing plan and department budget.
• Maintain the department’s social media presence and coordinate other marketing efforts to include traditional advertising creation and placement.
• Maintain the El Paso Production Manual and keep current with local crew and staff at the Texas Film Commission.
• Assist in coordinating efforts and referrals with other film offices.
• Maintain calendar for contract hiring for specific work as needed and when directed by the Film Commissioner.
• Record metrics, measure against quantifiable goals and produce comprehensive reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Contact property owners to determine possibility of shooting pictures for possible usage in a production.
• Attend meetings for or with the Film Commissioner
• Will assist in the educational tracks in conjunction with Workforce Solutions Borderplex and State Film office, multiple times per year or as determined by Film Commissioner.
• Ability to keep information confidential when appropriate.
• Draft letters, reports and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner not requiring a supervisor’s attention.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Some knowledge of Motion Picture production industry and the production process for the purpose of coordinating information and services, along with some understanding of regulations, procedures and services of City, State and Federal government as it relates to film production
• Extensive knowledge of the City and County of El Paso
• Position will periodically require the use of a company vehicle for company business. Individual must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely and possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, general public and others encountered in the course of employment, with the ability to keep information confidential.
• Ability to work independently
• Some knowledge of Film Commission office practices and procedures.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Extensive computer knowledge using Windows, Excel, Adobe Photoshop and other standard office equipment, including copier and fax machine.
• Position is sometimes exposed to adverse conditions, & sometimes requires sitting for long periods of time.
• Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; and at least three (3) years related secretarial/assistant experience, as well as experience in working with the public and clients and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be willing to attend AFCI Cineposium Film Fundamentals within the first year of job employment.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Destination El Paso Human Resources
One Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, Texas 79901
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0690